Janani has successfully Piloted Quality based eAuction Platform at its Direct Purchase Centre at AMC Market Yard, Sattenapalli, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh for Dry Red Chilies.
- Price discovery based on quality of the produce and market prices
- Farmer’s getting better realization than normal – viz. selling through Mandies
- Buyers assured of quality, quantity and deliveries by Janani.
- All transactions through Bank
- 60 buyers registered already
- Quantity handled through this model from April 17 till June 17 – 2.00 Lakh Kgs
- Employing nearly 200 women on “Job Work” basis for stem removal
Please log in to register yourself
Action Plan for Spices Marketing in 2017-18
The Operational Model of the Venture
- Janani will operate “Direct Purchase Centers” for various spices with licenses from Agri Marketing Departments of State Governments
- Farmers will be enlisted by field executives as well as thro Farmer Producer organizations
- Buyers will registered in the eAuction Platform – eauctionjananibob.com
- Farmers would be delivering the produce at the Direct Purchase Centers
- Quality Assaying of the produce will be done thro eQuality Assaying equipments or accredited Quality Testing Labs, to be positioned inside the Direct Purchase Centers
- Produce will be sold either through the eAuction Platform or direct marketing activities.
- Value Addition will be done based on the requirements of the buyers – ex. Stem removal for chilies, sorting for Coriander..
- Logistical support will be provided to buyers
- Payments will be collected from buyers and farmers’ account will be settled
- Cold Storage facilities will be leased out as allied activity to help marketing initiatives.
The process of Quality based eAuction Centre
Operation of the Coriander Sorting Machine in Rajasthan